In selecting locations to suit the individual, my workshop caters to all age, agility and fitness levels. I take bookings all year round, so you choose when you visit and for how long. Five days is the maximum duration, but any stay can be bookended with additional B&B nights to assist with travel connections, jet lag etc. Remember, if your partner or friend is interested in photography, I can readily accommodate and guide the two of you. So you can share the experience and benefit from a cost saving. To check availability and make bookings use the Contact section, or email me directly at:
email@example.com or phone me on +44 (0)1637 831251.
I tailor every workshop around a client's current experience level, but here's a guide as to what you can expect.
FOR A SEASCAPE BEGINNER
- All you need is a digital camera with Raw shooting capability, a tripod and the desire to explore this exciting photographic discipline. I will teach you manual camera handling basics and how to approach Seascapes as we visit superb locations. From tideline considerations, compositional construction, tripod handling and basic filtering*, your days out on the coast will be a fascinating eye-opener. Back in the studio, with plenty of time to let the instruction sink in, I will run you through a step-by-step introduction to Camera Raw and Photoshop CC post processing. Your days will seamlessly progress. From starting out with high hopes, to going home with a set of high quality images that hopefully spark a photographic passion.
• Ideal for a solo individual or couple.
FOR A LANDSCAPE ENTHUSIAST
- Bring your DSLR or Mirrorless camera, wide angle lens, polarising filter, 100mm slot in filter holder, some ND grads** and tripod, and immerse yourself in Seascapes. Gain an understanding of seasonal, weather and tidal influences and throughout the dawns, dusks and times in between, I will show you how to compose and capture the pervading elemental atmospherics. At a range of superb locations, we will run through alternative shooting techniques and, as you get to grips with mastering manual metering, settings and focussing, I will offer new perspectives on composition and filtering treatments. From hi-speed freezes to long exposures, you will capture stunning images 'in camera'. Back in the studio, using Camera Raw and Photoshop CC, the ultimate 'fine art' combination, you will learn to process your images to a gallery standard using subtle, refining steps.
• Ideal for a solo individual or couple.
FOR ADVANCED 'LANDSCAPER', AND ASPIRING OR DIVERSIFYING PROFESSIONAL
- Bring your full frame Cameras, 16-35mm wide angle, 100-400mm telephoto, flash gun, filter system and tripod/s, and this masterclass will extend your seascape horizons. It will provide a wider appreciation of reading, predicting and orchestrating the sea's behavioural patterns. It explores different approaches to capturing the elemental dynamics playing out in front of the lens, through lighting and advanced filtering***. Visiting challenging locations matched to your comfort levels, you will discover new perspectives in capturing dramatic seascape imagery. Back in the studio I will share advanced image processing, proofing and printing techniques using Photoshop CC.
• Due to its detailed focus this course is suited to a solo individual.
FOR THE ADVENTUROUS SEASCAPER
- Push your photographic boundaries and get the adrenaline pumping. Negotiate rugged descents to rocky ledges to open up breathtaking vistas. Don a set of my chest waders to join me 'in' the tideline. For truly unique perspectives we can take the sea kayak (and Dry Bags) to explore hidden coves and untouched beaches. If you are a Scuba Diver (certified to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or BSAC equivalent, with your own tanks and gear) then, as a certified Master Scuba Diver, there are many dive sites I can buddy you on. Visibility is regularly over 5m, the marine life is exceptional and juvenile seals from the local colony are very inquisitive, so photo opportunities can be fantastic.
• Solo individual.
+ PRINTING & FRAMING DAY
As a workshop addition I offer a Printing & Framing day option. This provides the chance to go the whole way, from capturing superb images down on the tideline, to learning how to proof, print, mount and frame them. This comes as an additional day to any 2, 3 or 4 day stay.
* ** *** All clients are welcome to use my extensive range of Lee 100mm filters. All I ask is that any damages are replaced.
Newquay Airport (NQY) is just seven miles away and offers regular connections to London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), Dublin (DUB), Manchester (MAN) and Birmingham (BHX) International Airports. Pick up's and drop off's can easily be arranged. For US clients, to avoid time consuming international banking transfers, contact me and we can organise a secure but very simple PayPal payment.
I have a complete full frame DSLR set-up that can be hired along with tripod, lenses, filters and flash gun.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR CAMERA'S SENSOR IS CLEAN BEFORE ATTENDING YOUR WORKSHOP
Contact me if you need instructions.
PLEASE NOTE - THE STUDIO AND ACCOMMODATION ARE NO SMOKING AREAS.