In selecting locations that suit the individual, I can cater to clients of all age, agility and fitness levels. I run courses all year round, so you choose when you visit and for how long. Five days is the maximum duration, but any stay can be bookended with additional B&B nights to assist with travel connections, jet lag etc. If you have a partner or friend who is interested in photography, I can readily accommodate and guide the two of you. So you can share the experience and benefit from a joint cost saving. For any further information or to commence the booking process, please Contact section, or email me directly at:
email@example.com or you are welcome to call me on +44 (0)1637 831251.
I tailor every workshop to match a client's experience level, but here's a guide as to what I offer;
- All you need is a digital camera with Raw capability, a tripod and the desire to explore this exciting photographic discipline. I will teach you manual camera handling basics and how to approach Seascapes as we visit superb locations. From tideline considerations, compositional construction, tripod handling and basic filtering*, your days out on the coast will be a fascinating eye-opener. Back in the studio, with plenty of time to let the instruction sink in, I will run you through a step-by-step introduction to Camera Raw and Photoshop CC post processing. Your days will seamlessly progress, from starting out with high hopes, to going home with a set of high quality images that hopefully spark a photographic passion.
• Solo individual or couple.
- Bring your DSLR or Mirrorless camera, wide angle lens, polarising filter, ND Grads and tripod, and immerse yourself in Seascapes. Gain an understanding of seasonal, weather and tidal influences and throughout the dawns, dusks and times in between, I will show you how to compose and capture the pervading elemental atmospherics. At a range of superb locations, we will run through alternative shooting techniques and, as you get to grips with mastering manual metering, settings and focussing, I will offer new perspectives on composition and filtering treatments*. From hi-speed freezes to ultra long exposures, you will capture stunning images 'in camera'. Back in the studio, using Camera Raw and Photoshop CC, the ultimate fine art photography combination, you will learn to process your images to a gallery standard using subtle, refining steps.
• Solo individual or couple.
ADVANCED LANDSCAPE / ASPIRING OR DIVERSIFYING PROFESSIONAL
- Bring your full frame cameras, wide angle and telephoto lenses, flash gun, filter system, tripod/s, and widen your Seascape horizons. Gain a wider appreciation of reading, predicting and orchestrating the sea's behavioural patterns. Explore different approaches to capturing the elemental dynamics playing out in front of the lens through using flash and advanced filtering*. Visiting challenging locations that match your comfort levels, you will open up new perspectives in creating dramatic seascape imagery. Back in the studio I will share advanced Camera Raw image processing, proofing and printing techniques using Photoshop CC.
• Solo individual.
+ PRINTING & FRAMING DAY
As an addition to any 2, 3 or 4 day workshop, this extra day provides you with the opportunity to complete the Seascape experience. Working with the images you have captured and processed, you will learn how to proof, print, mount and frame them to create stunning artworks. This comes as an additional day to any 2, 3 or 4 day stay.
* Clients are welcome to use my extensive range of Lee 100mm filters based on a damage replacement.
Newquay Airport (NQY) is just seven miles away and offers regular connections to London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), Dublin (DUB), Manchester (MAN) and Birmingham (BHX) International Airports. Pick up's and drop off's can easily be arranged. For US clients, if you wish to avoid time consuming international banking transfers, we can organise a secure and simple payment transaction via PayPal.
I have a complete full frame DSLR set-up that can be hired along with tripod, lenses, filters and flash gun.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR CAMERA'S SENSOR IS CLEAN BEFORE ATTENDING YOUR WORKSHOP
Contact me if you need instructions.
PLEASE NOTE - THE STUDIO AND ACCOMMODATION ARE NO SMOKING AREAS.