No matter your level of experience, age or aspirations, because it's one-to-one I can tailor-make your workshop to suit you. Choose from 2 to 5 days duration, with additional B&B availability to allow for travel times/connections. If you have a friend or partner who would like to share the experience, I can readily accommodate and guide the two of you, and you benefit from a cost saving. To check availability and make bookings contact me through the Contact section, or email me directly at
email@example.com or call me on 01637 831251.
- All you need for this course is a digital camera with RAW capability, a tripod and the desire to explore this exciting photographic discipline. I will teach you camera handling basics and how to approach Seascapes as we visit superb locations. Covering camera operation, image composition, using a tripod and basic filtering, your days out on the coast will be a fascinating eye-opener. Back in the studio, with plenty of time to let the instruction sink in, I will run you through a step-by-step introduction to RAW and Photoshop CC post processing. Your days will dovetail in a seamless progression. From starting out with high hopes to going home with a set of images that will hopefully form the foundation of a new-found photographic passion.
• Ideal for a solo individual or couple.
- For proficient photographers with a DSLR (or CSC), wide angle lens, tripod and filters - your workshop will broaden your appreciation and approach to Seascapes. Gaining an understanding of time, weather and tidal influences, from dawn to dusk you will be challenging yourself on some incredible coastline. At a varied selection of locations, we will run through a range of shooting techniques. As you get to grips with mastering manual metering and focussing, I will offer new perspectives on handling and filtering treatments. From hi-speed freezes to long exposures, you will capture stunning images 'in camera'. Back in the studio, using RAW and Photoshop CC, the ultimate 'fine art' image processing platform, you'll learn to develop your images to a gallery level using subtle, refining steps.
• Ideal for a solo individual or couple.
- For accomplished landscape photographers or professionals in alternative fields looking to expand their horizons - this masterclass will refine and extend your skill set. By providing a far wider appreciation of the sea's behavioural patterns and selecting the right approach to capturing the elemental dynamics in the scene playing out in front of the lens. We will find challenging locations and new perspectives, to capture truly dramatic imagery. In the studio we can share advanced Photoshop post-processing techniques using state-of-the-art hardware. If you are looking to establishing a professional commercial presence, stay an extra day or two and we can draw upon my extensive commercial design experience to create your branding, stationery and even a starter website.
• Due to its detailed focus this course is intended for a solo individual.
If you want to push the boundaries, this workshop is for you. Camp out on a clear night to photograph impossibly bright stars near Land’s End. Get the adrenaline pumping by negotiating rugged cliffs to reach rocky ledges overlooking breathtaking vistas. For truly unique perspectives, we can take the Sea Kayak to explore hidden coves and untouched beaches. If you’re a Scuba Diver (certified to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or BSAC equivalent, with your own tanks and gear) then, as a certified Master Scuba Diver, there are lots of local beach dive sites I can buddy you on. Visibility is regularly over 5m, the marine life is exceptional and the seals are very inquisitive. So photo opportunities can be fantastic.
• Ideal for a solo individual.
+ PRINTING & FRAMING DAY
As a new workshop addition I have added a printing and framing day option. This gives you the choice to take your seascape photography the whole way. From capturing superb images on the tideline, to learning how to proof, print, mount and frame them. This comes as an additional day to a 2, 3 or 4 day course.
IT IS VITAL THAT YOUR CAMERA'S SENSOR IS CLEAN BEFORE ATTENDING YOUR WORKSHOP
Please contact me for instructions on how to check.
For overseas visitors, Newquay Airport (NQY) is just 8 miles away. There are regular connections to London Gatwick (LGW), Dublin (DUB), Manchester (MAN) and Birmingham (BHX) international airports run all year round and I can pick-up and drop you off.
I have a full frame Canon DSLR set-up that can be hired along with tripod, lenses, filters and flash gun.
PLEASE NOTE - THE ACCOMMODATION AND STUDIO ARE NO SMOKING AREAS.