It is important to remember that my courses include all your accommodation, food and workshop travel. Once booked in, there's nothing more for you to do. You just arrive, settle in and let the photography begin. This allows you to focus solely on the job in hand and makes my unique workshop offering great value for money.
As for your itinerary, from lofted perches on remote cliffs, to gentle tidelines a few paces from the car, I can work around your comfort levels to select the sort of places you are happy to go. For I want to inspire, challenge and reward you in the creation of a varied body of seascape works. Therefore I will ensure you are relaxed and comfortable at every shoot. I mainly host solo individuals, yet if you have a partner, or friend, who is interested in seascape photography, I can readily accommodate the two of you. So you can share the experience and benefit from the joint cost saving. For any further information or to start the booking process, please use the Contact section, or email me directly at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or you are welcome to call me on +44 (0)1637 831251.
I tailor-make each workshop but here's a guide as to what I offer;
- All you need is a digital camera with Raw file capture capability and the desire to explore this exciting photographic discipline. I will teach you manual camera handling basics and how to approach Seascapes as we visit superb locations. From tideline considerations, compositional construction, tripod handling and basic filtering*, your days out on the coast will be a fascinating eye-opener. Back in the studio, with plenty of time to let the instruction sink in, I will run you through a step-by-step introduction to Camera Raw and Photoshop CC post processing. Your days will seamlessly progress, from starting out with high hopes to going home with a set of top quality images.
• Solo individual or couple.
- Bring your DSLR or Mirrorless camera, wide angle lens, polarising filter, ND Grads and tripod, and immerse yourself in Seascapes. Gain an understanding of elemental and tidal influences and throughout shooting the dawns, dusks and times in between, I will show you how to conduct, compose and capture the elemental atmospherics. At a range of superb locations, we will run through alternative shooting techniques and, as you get to grips with mastering manual metering, settings and focussing, I will offer new perspectives on composition and filtering*. From hi-speed freezes to long exposures, you will capture stunning images 'in camera'. Back in the studio, using the best processing tools, you will discover an intuitive, streamlined workflow that refines your images to a gallery standard.
• Solo individual or couple.
ADVANCED LANDSCAPER / ASPIRING OR DIVERSIFYING PROFESSIONAL
- Bring your full frame cameras, wide angle and telephoto lenses, flash gun, filter system, tripod/s, and widen your Seascape horizons. I will guide you around the coast and visit remote, challenging locations. You will explore new perspectives in shooting dramatic seascapes through gaining a wider appreciation of reading, predicting and orchestrating the sea's behavioural patterns. You will discover how advanced filtering and flash manipulation can honestly capture and interpret the emotion in the scene playing out in front of the lens. Back in the studio I will share advanced image processing, pre-press and proofing techniques using the very latest Camera Raw and Photoshop CC attributes.
• Solo individual.
+ PRINTING & FRAMING DAY
As an addition to any 2, 3 or 4 day workshop, this extra day provides the opportunity to complete your Seascape journey. Working with the images you have captured and processed, you will learn how to proof, print, mount and frame them to create stunning artworks. It also presents an ideal alternative option if the weather is indifferent.
* Clients are welcome to use one of my tripods and my extensive range of Lee 100mm filters based on a damage/loss replacement agreement.
COVID 19 GUARANTEE
Should any newly imposed government guidelines compromise your booking, I guarantee a full deposit refund or free re-booking.
Newquay Airport (NQY) is just seven miles away and offers regular connections to London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW), Dublin (DUB), Manchester (MAN) and Birmingham (BHX) International Airports. Pick up's and drop off's can easily be arranged. For US clients, if you wish to avoid time consuming international banking transfers, we can organise a secure and simple payment transaction via PayPal.
I have a complete full frame DSLR set-up that can be hired along with tripod, lenses, filters and flash gun.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR CAMERA'S SENSOR IS CLEAN BEFORE ATTENDING YOUR WORKSHOP
Contact me if you need instructions.
PLEASE NOTE - THE STUDIO AND ACCOMMODATION ARE STRICTLY NO SMOKING AREAS.